From the San Leandro Sports Foundation:
Good things are happening in San Leandro.
That's why The San Leandro Sports Foundation supports Measure L.
Yes on Measure L will:
- Protect core academic Math, Science and Reading programs
- Increase student safety
- Keep our libraries open
- Prevent class size from increasing
- Preserve Art, Music, P.E., and Athletics for our students
Every dime from Measure L is required to stay in San Leandro to improve education in our schools. Measure L cannot be used for administrator salaries. And seniors can request an exemption.
From the county voter pamphlet:
The tax shall be uniformly applied to each Parcel of Taxable Real Property within the following property classifications.
- Single Family Residential $39 per parcel
- Multi-Family Residential With 2-4 Units $39 per parcel
- Multi-Family Residential With 5 or More Units $19 per unit
- Commercial/Industrial $0.02 per square foot of lot size
- Vacant/Unimproved Parcels $39 per parcel
Follow this lnk to read the measure and the arguments pro and con.