The City of San Leandro and the San Leandro Chamber of Commerce are partnering to host the annual State of the City address with Mayor Stephen Cassidy the evening of Monday, March 24.
The community is invited to attend this free event, which will take place at the San Leandro Senior Community Center, located at 13909 East 14th Street. The event will begin with a social gathering at 6:00 p.m., with the Mayor's address starting promptly at 7:00 p.m.
"This is an exciting time in San Leandro's history," stated Mayor Cassidy. "A new spark of creative energy is flowing through San Leandro. Our residents and partners in business, labor and government are spearheading the transformation of San Leandro into a center of innovation in the Bay Area, creating quality jobs for San Leandrans and generating greater revenue for City Hall to invest back in our neighborhoods, schools and infrastructure."
As part of his address, Mayor Cassidy will update residents, businesses, and investors on the acceleration of San Leandro's innovation climate as well as other exciting local developments. Some of the key topics and themes will include:
- Various initiatives to improve San Leandro's quality of life, including the return of the Cherry Festival on May 31st, as well as efforts to enhance local artistic and cultural amenities
- Transforming San Leandro's industrial area into a center for innovation in the Bay Area
- The City's ongoing efforts to attract and retain new business investment
- Major new projects that will be coming on line in 2014, including:
- The expansion of the Lit San Leandro fiber optic network,
- The development of a local craft brewery cluster,
- The new downtown technology campus, and
- Many others