San Leandro residents are invited to take part in the city's annual planning session on Saturday, January 26.
Mayor Stephen Cassidy called it one of the most important gatherings of the year.
"The City Council reviews and sets the goals for the City which our City Manager and the entire organization is charged with implementing, he said.
The session will start at 8:45 a.m. and wrap up by 2:00 p.m.
It will be held at the Senior Community Center, 13909 East 14th Street.
Coffee and light refreshments available at 8:30 a.m. Please bring a brown bag lunch if you will be staying through the lunch hour.
How the day will proceed
The first order of business will be a review of progress made on the goals established at the 2012 Planning Session, which were to:
- Place the City on a firm foundation for long-term fiscal sustainability;
- Work with the community and all stakeholders towards completing major projects and programs for sustainable economic development;
- Provide quality public safety services and work in partnership with the community to keep San Leandro safe;
- Maintain and enhance the City's infrastructure;
- Support programs, activities and communication that enhance the quality of life in San Leandro and promote a sense of community and civic pride; and
- Maintain and support a strong positive relationship between the City and schools.
The Council will also receive an update on the City's financial status at the Planning Session. This presentation will include year-to-date revenue and expenditure totals and information on upcoming projects and challenges that may impact City finances.
The afternoon portion of the Planning Session will be devoted to the development of new and updated City Council goals for the upcoming fiscal year.
For more information, please contact the City Manager's Office at (510) 577-3351.
What are your priorities for San Leandro in 2013. Do you have any ideas about how to implement them?