A 19-year-old Oakland man was arrested after allegedly burglarizing a home in San Leandro Wednesday morning, police said. Officers responded to a call from an alarm company after an alarm at a home in the 1100 block of Hyde Street was activated at about 10:50 a.m. Wednesday, police said.
Police said the reporting officers confirmed the home had been burglarized. A suspect, later identified as Antonio Marr, had allegedly gained access into the home through a kitchen window, according to police.
An officer saw Marr running from the residence and, with the assistance of additional officers, apprehended the suspect without further incident. Marr was booked into jail on suspicion of the burglary.
- Police Say Community is Being 'Targeted by Residential Burglars, Car Thieves'
- 'Alert' Citizen's Call to Police Leads to Arrest of Residential Burglary Suspect
- Police Warn of Would-Be Burglars Posing as Water Employees
- Police K-9 Finds Fleeing Warrant Suspect Hiding Under House
- Police Seeking Suspected Burglars Posing as City Workers