A 32-year-old resident of West Palm Beach died shortly after winning a contest to eat the most live roaches in order to win a python, reports the Huffington Post.
The event was staged by a pet store. About 30 contestants participated and none of the others became ill. An entymologist at the University of California, Riverside told HuffPo there is no intrinsic reason why roaches "would be unsafe to eat."
Is this why we don't live in Florida? Or just why we trust our instincts when they say Yuck!"