I confess that I am not much of a spa person, although sometimes I wish I was. Here is a list of nearby spas, some of which I've heard are great, and others I've just been curious to try out. Let me know if you have more suggestions!
- - I have heard many good things about this Korean day spa from friends acquaintances. Plus it has an average four stars out of five on 90 reviews on yelp.com. PSY has therapeutic baths and saunas, and offers massages, body scrubs and facials.
- - Effleurage offers whirlpool baths, massages, body wraps and facials.
- - This day spa offers all types of massages, including a 75-minute hot stone massage, which sounds wonderful on a cold day.
- - A Diva's offers deep tissue massage, a full body salt glow and other pampering treatments.
- The Hot Tubs - This one is in Berkeley (they also have a site in San Francisco) but I couldn't resist including it because I'm dying to check it out. They offer private hot tubs and saunas that you can rent by the hour. And kids are free when accompanied by parents!