It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for yourdone-work-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit this weekend.
- Where/When: , San Leandro; Friday, 7:30 p.m.
- Why Go: See local music and spoken word talent at the hoppin' coffeehouse.
- Pricing: Free; food, beverages extra
- Where/When: Chabot Space and Science Center, Oakland; Saturday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Why Go: Bikes plus science equal tons of fun.
- Pricing: Free with general admission ($10.95-$14.95)
- Where/When: Alameda Fairgrounds, Pleasanton; all weekend, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Why Go: Carnival rides, petting zoo, fried dough!
- Pricing: $6-$10; children under 6 free; unlimited ride wristband $25-$28; parking extra
- Where/When: 2200 Wood St., Oakland; Sunday, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Why Go: Exchange your unwanted items for new-to-you things while supporting charity.
- Pricing: $5 donation plus one bag of clothes
- Where/When: , California Shakespeare Theater, Orinda; Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Why Go: Director Joel Sass says, “Titus is one of Shakespeare’s oldest plays, but it is undeniably a play for our time: a sophisticated blend of heart-stopping drama and pitch-black humor.”
- Pricing: $35-$66; see box office for details
You can also always add any event yourself to our calendar here.