Has the cleaning bug hit? Don't waste gas and time driving around town to hang signs advertising your sale.
Let Patch advertise your sale.
It's FREE and reaches a large audience.
Did I mention, it's free? And, that it reaches a lot of people?
All you need to do is enter your address, dates and times and a short summary of what you're selling in the comments section below (to make things easier we've included an example).
100 My Street, San Leandro
Saturday from 8 am - 2 p.m.
Baby items, tools, furniture, books, clothes, kitchenware, etc.
Here are some general tips:
- Get organized: Sort your items well in advance of your sale.
- Display: Figure out how you're going to display your items. Do you have enough tables or a clothes racks to hang items on? If not, figure out a way to borrow what you will need.
- Pricing: Clearly price your items ahead of time. And, price them to sell.
- Advertise: Get the word out in well-read places like Patch.
- Show me the money: Make sure you have a cash box with some money in it to be able to make change the day of your sale.
If your Garage Sale is still a few weeks away, get an early start and enter the information in our Garage Sale Calendar.
Bonus: If you really want to sell your stuff, add some photos of what people can expect to find at your sale (title the photo with the address of your sale).